Some helpful advice

The transfer process
July 4, 2018
It’s tax season – Make sure you declare your Bitcoin gains!
July 4, 2018
  1. Prepare your property insurance in advance, to ensure that your property will be insured once it is registered in your name. This can be arranged through your bank if you will be registering a mortgage bond.
  2. When you sell your property, you may pay capital gains tax to the South African Revenue Services. You will need copies of all invoices relating to capital expenditure on the property for when you sell, as it is difficult to claim capital expenditure deductions if you do not have supporting documentation. Our tax department can assist you with calculating your capital gains tax obligations. We can also assist you with the safekeeping of your records. Visit our Tax Department here


Erlise Loots | Partner


Areas of Expertise: Tax, Curatorships, Trusts, Estates, Exchange Control & Non-resident services and advice