Albin Wagner has more than 20 years’ experience as an attorney, most of which he spent as a partner at Bisset Boehmke McBlain. He was born in Austria, educated in Salzburg, Alberton & Braamfontein, and served his articles in Cape Town, commencing in 1991 as a candidate attorney at Scheibert & Associate. Albin has been a partner at Bisset Boehmke McBlain since 1994 and has acted for clients in a variety of sectors and industries, carrying out diverse mandates, often but not exclusively for German-speaking clients.
He has acted for and against insurance companies and has been involved in advising on and resolving disputes in a wide range of areas, including immovable property, commercial contracts and family issues. Albin has Rights of Appearance in the High Court and has substantial experience in all local courts.
Albin is a cricket lover who has – for many seasons – played for and been involved in the administration of the Alberton & Claremont Cricket Clubs. He has also served on various provincial committees and the WPCA Provincial Executive.
Besides sport, Albin serves on the board the Hope Foundation (a charity dedicated to the eradication of mother to child transmission of HIV) and is a member of Schlaraffia (an international association of mature German-speaking gentlemen based on Friendship, Humour & Culture).
Areas of Expertise
- Consulting and representing German-speaking clients in all matters
- Civil Litigation including Commercial & Matrimonial Disputes
- Litigation / Dispute Resolution
- Representation of parties in property transactions
- Disputes relating to deceased & insolvent estates, insurance, neighbours, local authorities, building and construction contracts
- Contract and Commercial Law
- Sports Law & Administration
- BA LLB – University of the Witwatersrand
- Right of Appearance in the High Court
German-South African Chamber of Commerce
Did You Know?
Albin has taken 300+ wickets and scored 3 000+ runs in a club career spanning 20 seasons.
Albin’s grandfather Rudolf was a Schlaraffe in Juvavia (Salzburg).